Operations Program Manager - Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
Other Engineering, Operations
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
The Operations Program Manager (OPM) role at Zoox will co-develop processes in Engineering and Manufacturing Operations, and be responsible for new product introductions such as complex hardware assemblies, and ensure product performance and scalability to meet the production plan. This role sits within the Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations Team at Zoox. The role will manage the overall production readiness, including resource allocation, production scheduling, incoming material readiness, and coordination between different production stages; starting from design and engineering, through Testing and validation, NPI, and manufacturing at scale.
- Own a program for scaling the products from engineering to manufacturing.
- Oversee operations, planning, and execution of new builds, including test validation plans
- Leverage Zoox knowledge across product design, engineering, NPI, supply chain, and manufacturing to manage the scaling of the products
- Monitor design status/release dates, component availability, manufacturing readiness, and capacity planning.
- Work cross-functionally with product engineering, manufacturing, test engineering, procurement, supplier, and quality teams to support ramp readiness.
- Communicate overall engagement, project status, and risk clearly to internal management, calling out key issues. Develop options as needed for resolution to the cross-functional teams
- Support engineering and supply chain teams, by ensuring testing milestones and first article approvals are included in the production plan.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of combined relevant experience in the following domains: hardware design, new product introduction, hardware manufacturing and supply chain management
- Experience with manufacturing process engineering, or product development environments
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, communicating with stakeholders, setting expectations, problem-solving, and prioritizing
- Knowledge of and experience using various program management methodologies, practices, and tools to lead cross-functional projects to deliver high-impact strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope
- Exceptional communication skills: demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, and impress effectively at various levels
- Ability to travel up to 10%
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $151,000 to $249,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.