Technical Program Manager - System Safety Clearance
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Zoox is on an ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for cities and deploy such a robotaxi solution safely. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager that will help Zoox System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team to adapt, implement, mature, and continuously innovate various aspects of the System Safety engineering process.
This is a high-visibility role. In this role, you will establish close collaboration and build trusting relationships with senior leaders from cross-functional teams including hardware, software, vehicle engineering, operations, human factors, program management office, legal, and policy to develop project schedules, identify milestone workstreams, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate on-going progress. More specifically, your work will focus on the following areas:
- Support the establishment and planning of various work streams that are required for the Safety Case in each milestone
- Manage the planning and execution of system-level hazard analysis activities, traceability of potential safety issues through safety architecture, requirements, implementation, verification, and validation to produce a closed-loop safety case
- Lead the Risk Management Program for various milestones. Track all potential safety issues and drive them to closure
- Define the Field Safety Issue response process for SDMA
- Work with cross-functional teams to represent SDMA in the Safety Management System working group
- Manage quarterly program planning and progress tracking for the System Safety team
- Represent the SDMA System Safety team at key program review meetings
- It is your job to ensure that engineering groups are coordinated, understand their priorities, and are on-track to deliver on our corporate milestones on time and on budget
What You Bring to the Role
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- BS degree or higher in an Engineering or Science discipline
- 3+ years of experience in technical program management
- Working-level knowledge with system safety and/or systems engineering process
- Working experience in automotive industry or the autonomous driving technology industry
- Experience with safety critical or high integrity systems
- Familiarity with applicable industry safety standards such as MIL-STD-882, ISO 26262, ISO 21448 PAS, etc.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $218,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.