Technical Writer, Manufacturing Operations
Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
The Manufacturing Operations Technical Writer researches, authors, edits, and publishes manufacturing assembly and test procedures for the team. This position is onsite at one of the manufacturing facilities at Zoox and reports to the Manger, Manufacturing Operations Program Management. This role will work with engineers and technicians to understand the requirements for the procedures, capture all steps in words and digital images/videos, and deliver thorough, accurate, and easy-to-understand documents for use by technicians. The ideal candidate will possess basic knowledge of vehicles in electric and autonomous technology and have a strong passion for emerging mobility trends. As a member of the Manufacturing Operations Team, this position will support multiple areas and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, TPMs, and managers to understand project requirements/concepts.
- Plan and deliver documentation guides according to project timelines
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, have a keen sense of creating compelling technical content, and exhibit exceptional time management skills
- Work with various subject matter experts across disciplines, including manufacturing and process engineers and other technical writers, to develop and own content on various manufacturing functionalities.
- Content must meet the highest quality standards for a partner audience and can include a variety of deliverables such as specifications, Assembly guides, design manuals, maintenance manuals, graphics, and videos.
- Develop digital documentation in line with existing style and documentation platforms.
- Work with manufacturing technicians and engineers to understand process details and requirements needed to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Align with the Technical Program Manager (TPM) and Leadership on documentation standards, styles, and priorities.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- 5-7 years experience as a technical writer for manufacturing procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience with writing and editing
- Experience in the automotive, EV industry and/or high-tech industries
- Proficiency with MS Office/Google suite (Word, Excel), Adobe (Photoshop, Acrobat), Dozuki, JIRA, and Confluence
- Ability to capture and retouch digital photographs
- Ability to create work instruction elements in Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload with changing priorities while achieving project deadlines
- Ability to approach the role with a can-do, team player attitude
- Strong attention to detail; strong personal organization, collaboration and time management skills
- Technical familiarity with electrical, mechanical, and automotive hardware
- Experience with, Slack, CATIA, Document Management tools, and PLM
Compensation and Benefits
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $96,000 to $156,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting represents the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g., sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.