Data Center Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
Zoox is looking for a Data Center Engineer to join our Platform Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for Zoox's application, compute, and storage infrastructure. This individual will work closely with other engineers to install and maintain Zoox's internal infrastructure. This position will primarily be based at our Sunnyvale data center with periodic travel to other San Francisco Bay area locations.
- Maintain and repair CPU and GPU based compute clusters and storage.
- Run cabling and fiber within the data centers.
- Independently troubleshoot and repair complex hardware issues.
- Deploy, integrate and rack new equipment. Includes planning and managing rack elevations.
- Contribute to documentation.
- Update inventory tracking, cable runs, and hardware deployments in DCIM tooling.
- Handle Vendor RMAs.
- Understanding of data center concepts including power consumption, power sizing, and cooling requirements.
- Meaningful experience in installing and maintaining enterprise compute hardware.
- Skilled with running fiber and cabling in a data center environment.
- Skilled with troubleshooting and repair of Intel-based server hardware.
- Competency to work independently with minimal supervision to maintain and repair servers in enterprise data center environments.
- Familiarity with ticket management processes.
- Familiarity with DCIM tools such as Device42.
- Can lift 50 lbs to waist height, 25 lbs to shoulder height.
- Understanding and respect for the importance of “production” environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability and willingness to use personal vehicle to travel to data centers in Sunnyvale, CA and surrounding areas. (Expenses reimbursed)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $105,000 to $145,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.