Senior Manager, Fleet Response
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
You are an experienced manager with a heavy amount of live operations experience who will build and lead the team to manage, coordinate, and allocate real-time resources to support our Robotaxi fleet and our riders. In this role, your team will ensure that Riders complete their journeys as safely and efficiently as possible when issues arise, and that the right level of support is provided to the robotaxis safely and expeditiously.
Within this expansive role, you will build a team and innovative processes to provide a rapid response mechanism that enables us to support vehicles and riders in the field. This may also involve closely working with emergency responders and other partners to provide our robotaxi service.
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead an incredible team of Fleet Response Specialists across multiple locations with empathy and expertise. Some travel to new and existing locations is required.
- Work with the Program Management, Product Management, Security, Communications, and other key partners to develop plans, innovative tools, and operational processes to support your team’s operations.
- Ensure Zoox has a robust and safe process to execute immediate operational responses to ensure the safety of our Riders and support our Robotaxis in the field and will provide effective prioritization and delegation, working closely with the Director and other leadership to proactively identify risks and mitigation strategies to de-risk and accelerate goals.
- Build strong relationships with executives and other key stakeholders to provide an understanding of Fleet Response's current state and forecast resource availability.
- Be excellent at working effectively in the gray space, bringing clarity to uncertainty, and enabling tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Own the budget and people forecasting processes for Fleet Response.
- At least 10 years of management experience leading diverse and decentralized technical operations.
- Demonstrated experience executing rapid response procedures and remaining calm under pressure when operating in higher-stress environments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop diverse and exceptional teams from scratch, and define, streamline, and mature operations over time.
- Prior experience developing and using data and metrics to support strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to concisely and effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- BA/BS in management, business, or a similar degree.
- MBA degree
- Military operations experience
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $188,000 to $237,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.