Staff Program Manager, Learning and Development
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Zoox is committed to fostering an inquisitive and innovative learning culture. We are seeking a strategic and results-driven Program Manager for our Learning and Development (L&D) team who will play an essential role in expanding our L&D initiatives and enhancing the growth and success of our crew. We are looking for someone with strong program management skills and demonstrated experience supporting a learning and development function at a fast-growing organization. This position will lead the design, development, and implementation of comprehensive programs and processes supporting our learning and talent development strategy.
- Strategic Development
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of comprehensive L&D programs
- Review and evaluate existing or proposed programs for impact and ROI and recommend appropriate changes as needed
- Work closely with the Head of L&D and People Programs to align L&D initiatives with organizational goals and objectives
- Program Management
- Oversee and manage end-to-end program life cycles, including planning, development, delivery, and assessment
- Establish and manage timelines, resources, and budgets for multiple L&D programs
- Ensure programs are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Work closely with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize learning needs, build upon existing content, and drive a comprehensive learning strategy
- Support and provide thought partnership to people programs such as performance management, employee engagement, and onboarding
- Learning Experience
- Design and implement innovative L&D solutions, including career development, coaching, and manager/leadership development programs
- Team Leadership
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the L&D team
- Support the growth and development of the L&D team as it continues to scale
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in program management and L&D, including development and implementation of manager/leadership development programs
- Proven experience in designing and delivering successful and scalable learning and development programs in a fast-paced environment
- Have demonstrated success analyzing various types of training needs based on the skills and capabilities needed, as well as delivering and assessing the success of various learning programs
- Experience building new and scaling existing development programs, including driving analysis and incremental process improvements
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record influencing senior leaders and stakeholders
- Experience leading cross-functional projects in a matrixed environment, including achieving results by working across teams (e.g., People Partners, D&I, Compensation, Recruiting, Legal)
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills across a variety of formats (live, in-person or remote)
This hybrid role entails working in the office three days per week in our Foster City office (HQ).
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $149,000 to $216,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.