Cybersecurity, Software Engineering Internship/Co-Op
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
The Product Security Organization at Zoox focuses on designing, building, and measuring cybersecurity at the core of our Zoox product: our robotaxi service. Our scope is broad and deep. We architect security features & subsystems, build training content & research mechanisms to improve code security, quantify & mitigate the risk that stems from software dependencies, investigate areas at-risk for exploits (e.g AI, sensor stack, physical vehicle design, communications equipment), and monitor, advise, & collaborate with other teams on their software services supporting the product & infrastructure, both on-premise and in the cloud.
As our intern, you will bring relevant educational background and/or industry experience - anywhere from research in static and dynamic code analysis, to adversarial models for AI/ML systems or sensors, to advanced interface fuzzing, and pen-testing. You will get the opportunity to work with world-class talent, ensuring that our core product is ready and safe for the next generation of autonomous vehicles in our modern society.
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Pursuing a degree Computer Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (may include networking, applied crypto, formal Methods, and programming languages)
- Research and/or demonstrated passion for cybersecurity evidenced by publications with the candidate as primary author, event presentations (e.g BlackHat, DefCon), and/or other substantial contributions to the Cybersecurity community
- Strong programming fluency
- Independent & self-starting ability
- Bonus/Nice-To-Have - Experience in production software development, embedded software development, cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure, operations and/or site reliability
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.