Financial Planning & Analysis Internship/Co-Op
Accounting & Finance
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
The Zoox Finance team is responsible for managing multiple aspects of our business, including formulation of financial statements and reports, maintaining short and long-term financial models, implementation of tools and processes to support decision-making, financial analysis of strategic initiatives, and much more. Additionally, Finance is one of the main stakeholders in the transformation of Zoox from an R&D-focused technology company to a service-oriented commercial operation.
As an FP&A Intern, you will contribute directly to providing financial support to business partners ranging from engineering teams such as Vehicle Development, Advanced Hardware Engineering, and IT and Infrastructure, to operations teams such as Places & Build, Fleet Operations, and People Experience. You will be involved in 2-3 high-visibility projects aimed at improving current tools and processes or building new ones to unlock key insights and drive actionable decisions across the company. You will work closely with Finance, as well as business partners to truly understand the organization’s needs and gaps and deliver models, dashboards, or reports that help Zoox achieve its near and long-term milestones.
- Working towards a B.S. in Finance, Accounting, or a related field or MBA
- Strong understanding of data analytics tools: Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, other
- Highly analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data, develop insights and recommendations, and transform them into easily understood and compelling presentations
- Clear, concise, and professional communication aimed at business partners from individual contributors to executives
- Experience in a corporate environment, working directly with Finance, Accounting, Investor Relations, Strategy, or other finance or business analyst-related functions is highly preferred
- Experience with financial tools: Planful, Anaplan, SAP, Oracle, Essbase
- Experience with financial forecasting
The monthly salary range for this position is $5,500 to $7,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.