Robot Software Infrastructure, Software Engineering Internship/Co-Op
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
The Robot Software Infrastructure team is responsible for the software environment on Zoox’s autonomous vehicle fleet and test fixtures. As our intern, you will be a part of the team that operates at a unique intersection of software engineering, systems engineering, and product security. We touch a breadth of diverse areas: maturing the operating system on our vehicle’s primary compute platform, designing systems that update software & firmware on vehicles & test fixtures during development, manufacturing, & on the field, building software that runs on manufacturing systems, log ingest stations, & portable devices used for vehicle maintenance & service, creating vehicle software build & distribution systems at scale and developing security-focused software in close collaboration with the product security team. You will get the opportunity to work with world-class talent and have direct impact on our Robot Software Infrastructure roadmap & milestones throughout the longevity of your project.
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field (e.g. operating systems, networking, filesystems, algorithms, security)
- Proactive, self-driven learner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with Python
- Experience using Linux and proficiency at the command line
- Demonstrable triage, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Bonus/Nice-To-Haves - Production software development, embedded systems, robotics, mechatronics, sensors experience, proficiency in language without automatic memory management (e.g C/C++), familiarity with Linux kernel, filesystems, devices & networking, CAN (or other embedded/automotive communication protocols), cloud infrastructure environments (e.g caching, queuing, distributed data storage)
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.