Software Health and Complexity Internship/Co-Op
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
At Zoox, our fleet of purpose-built autonomous robotaxis relies on a multitude of advanced software systems that have to collaborate seamlessly to make rapid and precise decisions based on data obtained from the environment. Our code base is expansive and highly complex, solving many unique technical challenges. The Software Health and Complexity Team is concerned with analyzing a wide range of aspects of the software with the goal of ensuring correctness and safety.
As our intern in the Software Health and Complexity Team, you will help us extract relevant behaviors and properties from software systems and develop abstractions and formal models that we can use for analysis, monitoring, and testing. You will get a behind the scenes look of what makes advanced autonomous driving machines work in a way you can rarely experience anywhere else - all the while working with and being mentored by world class talented engineers.
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Pursuing a M.S., Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Proficiency in Linux, C/C++, and Python (including libraries such as pandas, NumPy, etc.)
- Understanding of program verification techniques (e.g abstract interpretation, model checking, program slicing, and symbolic execution)
- Ability to apply formal modeling languages and tools to describe abstract software code base & identify violations of formal properties, problems, bugs and sources of non-determinism
- Passion for implementing, applying and creating tools to automatically extract structural and behavioral models from source code
- Bonus/Nice-To-Have: Build systems (e.g Bazel), working experience with formal methods, formal languages, and temporal logics
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.