Software Systems Infrastructure, Software Engineering Internship/Co-Op
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
The Software Systems Infrastructure Team (SSI) is a developer experience team supporting all Software Systems at Zoox. We are the
glue between Infrastructure and Software Systems. As our Software Systems Infrastructure Intern, you will be a part of the team that centralizes and supports the activities of Software Systems Engineering. We will deal with building tools/web apps, adding scanning and analysis tools for code safety purposes. You will get the opportunity to impact our performance team, inclusive of latency & memory dashboards for reporting in-vehicle and off-vehicle benchmarks. And you'll see our Product Security and Architecture team's work up close, all together with our architecture visualization, generation of diagrams, spreadsheets and frontend log analysis. As our intern, you will have a healthy breadth of experience in fullstack software engineering. With our mentorship and guidance, you will be able to complete the assigned fullstack project(s) that have direct business impact in shaping the autonomous vehicle industry of tomorrow.
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Fullstack development experience through academic projects or other internships
- Experience using Linux and proficiency at the command line
- Proactive, self-driven learner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable triage, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Bonus/Nice-To-Have - Production software development experience, knowledge of static and dynamic code analysis tools (e.g Coverity, Parasoft, Lattix), familiarity with cloud infrastructure, operations, site reliability, and/or cybersecurity
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.