Reliability Engineer - Powertrain Systems
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety and a best-in-class experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on the virtual and physical durability development you will work in predicting where the vehicle is within its lifespan and providing maintenance scenarios and optimization strategies. Working in a startup environment gives you the chance to unleash your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Establish and refine the system/component-level targets for reliability performance of the powertrain system [electric drive unit (EDU) and high voltage battery (HVB)] in collaboration with internal stakeholders on the Vehicle Systems Engineering Powertrain team.
- Drive the design failure mode and effects analysis process (DFMEA) for the powertrain system to capture the salient reliability performance risks and the appropriate risk mitigation activities.
- Use reliability targets, risk information from DFMEAs, and reliability physics of failure to work with validation engineers in developing virtual and physical test plans to prove out the designs and demonstrate the required reliability performance of the powertrain system.
- Pave the way from development to field deployment by developing and deploying the systems necessary identify reliability performance improvement opportunities and drive the implementation of corrective actions.
- Masters-level engineering or similar technical degree with 10+ years hands on experience in Reliability Engineering
- Detailed understanding of EV powertrain systems, and typical failure modes and test methods for these systems
- Deep understanding of reliability data analysis and risk assessment, and how to develop component reliability targets based on functional safety and business objectives
- Experience in failure mode assessment, accelerated reliability testing and advanced field reliability monitoring concepts
- Personable with the ability to lead and coach a high-caliber engineering team toward world class levels of reliability/dependability
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer, or similar professional recognition
- An understanding of ISO 26262 Functional Safety
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $170,000 to $245,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.