Senior/Staff Infrastructure Engineer
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
Zoox is looking for a talented Staff Infrastructure Engineer to lead the development of test infrastructure to support the manufacturing test of our autonomous vehicles. In this challenging role, you will be responsible for driving the design and development of major components such as the test automation framework, cloud infrastructure (databases, REST APIs), and web applications. In this highly cross-functional role, you will be expected to lead a growing team of engineers to support manufacturing testing at Zoox.
- Direct and contribute to the development of a test framework to support all factory testing at Zoox manufacturing sites
- Design and help implement the server infrastructure to support test activities
- Be the technical lead to architect and implement best practices across diverse areas such as database schema design, optimization, regression testing, API design, etc
- Drive the development of common code libraries used by test engineers, instituting best practices such as code coverage testing, coding standards, etc
- Design and build dashboards for manufacturing data including metrics such as throughput, tester utilization, etc
- Be the subject matter expert for infrastructure - weigh in on the choice of frameworks, databases, schema design, API design
- Grow and mentor a talented team to meet the challenges of scaling
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree (MS preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Deep background in Python programming (scripting, web services, tool development)
- Experience with system design spanning the architecture and implementation of databases, web servers, containers (docker), etc.
- Expert knowledge of git (and Github) including branch/merge flows and code review tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines spanning code regressions, reproducible builds, and deployment strategies along with the associated infrastructure
- Experience deploying web and database applications to the cloud (AWS) and bare-metal servers
- Knowledge of shell scripting on the Linux platform
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to lead a team of engineers
- Industry certifications especially in AWS and containerization technologies
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing is a definite plus
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $164,000 to $266,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.