Verification and Validation Internship/Co-op
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Zoox is looking for a Verification and Validation Intern to join our Systems Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team. In this role, you will be working with members of the Autonomous Verification team to develop and execute tests, simulations, and analyses that will prove the driving software is ready for public roads without human intervention.
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree in robotics, electrical engineering, computer science engineering, or other technical area
- Experiment and Test Design experience
- Test Procedure/Checklist development experience
- Analytical skills and hands-on experience (mechanical and electrical systems)
- Experience on a university engineering project team, in a research lab, or with testing in a past industry internship preferred
- Systems engineering background
- Controls background / control theory (Robotics)
- Python experience (SQL or SCALA is a bonus)
- Familiarity with Linux
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.