Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Marketing & Communications
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
We are inventors, builders, and doers, passionate and purposeful in the work we do. We have a once-in-a-century opportunity to reinvent personal transportation—and we need your help. The Communications Team brings Zoox’s mission, strategy, and values to life through clear, consistent, and engaging communications and programs. You’ll find a creative, collaborative environment where great ideas thrive, and where everyone is driven by the same big purpose.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Public Relations who will be an integral leader within our Communications and Marketing team. They will be responsible for strengthening awareness, affinity, and leadership of the Zoox brand, leading Media Relations, Public Affairs, Corporate Social Responsibility, Crisis Communications, Analyst Relations, and Event Activations. They will work closely with our Marketing team on Brand Strategy and integrated Launch Campaigns, inspiring and building confidence in future riders and paving the way for our first customers.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience scaling teams, launching new products, managing reputation and crisis communications, and working cross-functionally to deliver successful PR and Corporate Communications programs.
- Oversee the development and execution of comprehensive public relations strategies that support overall company mission and goals.
- Lead and manage a team overseeing Media Relations, Public Affairs, Corporate Social Responsibility, Crisis Communications, Analyst Relations, and Events.
- Grow critical programs and functions required for launch and beyond.
- Manage corporate narrative, partnering with Marketing on overall storytelling strategy, and how that informs SEO, reputation management, and more.
- Collaborate across Policy, Safety, Legal, and Operations across critical incident response processes.
- Manage external agencies to support the execution of PR plans.
- Collaborate with Marketing team on integrated external communications and content strategies.
- Drive strategic brand reputation management and measure the effectiveness of communication efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 15+ years of transferrable public relations experience
- Experience working in both commercial organizations and agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including formal correspondence and speechwriting
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively in driving Public Relations efforts within an emerging industry
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to direct and strategize with both internal cross-functional partners and external PR agencies
- Ability to work harmoniously with internal stakeholders and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors.
- Experience managing and mentoring multiple team members to reach desired company and department goals.
- Experience working in the EV/AV space, technology, or services
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and self-starter with the ability to forge relationships
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $200,000 to $252,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.