Senior Hardware Engineer, Telematics & Connectivity
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Zoox is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our Vehicle Systems Engineering team. In this role, you will lead the design and launch of systems that enable vehicle communications across multiple radio modalities. Key responsibilities include system analysis and specification of complex communications controllers, supporting validation of performance throughout system lifetime in automotive environments, technical supplier management, and support of manufacturing and service as your systems are deployed across Zoox’s autonomous fleet.
- You will drive the analysis of Zoox functional requirements and the development of system specifications for complex communications controllers
- You will lead the integration of 5G technologies applicable to autonomous vehicles
- You will lead the design and build proofs of concept and functional prototypes both internally and with external partners
- You will manage design and development activities for multiple internal and external suppliers towards the successful delivery of one or more electromechanical systems
- You will coordinate test engineering, software engineers, and supplier teams in test design, failure analysis, and quality management
- You will collaborate with manufacturing engineers and quality personnel to ramp production processes and meet build objectives
- You will manage the budget, maintain bills of material, document and approve build processes, and support quality and cost engineering throughout the supply chain of your systems
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering.
- At least ten years of industry experience, automotive experience preferred
- Experience with RF technologies, including LTE, 5G, WiFi, and others
- Knowledge of PCB design and production processes
- Experience designing and working with embedded controllers
- Experience with Ethernet and IP networking
- Experience managing international supply chains with on-site workshops and build audits
- Proven track record of taking projects from concept to production in an automotive context
- General aptitude with electronics tools such as soldering irons, oscilloscopes, and signal analyzers.
- Experience with Linux, Bash, C++, and Python as a user to interact with controllers
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $265,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.