Technical Product Manager - Rider Operations Software
IT, Product, Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Zoox is getting ready for commercial service. We’re looking for a Product Manager to steward a suite of tools for our Rider Operations. In this role, you will uncover and prioritize problems getting in the way of our operator's goals. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to ideate, design, prioritize, and deliver successful solutions.
Rider Operations mission is to ensure riders feel informed, secure, and valued throughout every interaction with Zoox, before, during, or after a ride. They combine traditional customer service and specialized real-time support during time-sensitive situations such as emergencies. As a Technical Product Manager, you will advocate for and serve the needs of internal operators, riders, and first responders.
- Help build the tools Rider Ops needs.
- Steward a software product aligned around delivering outcomes.
- Work cross functionally with program management, design, and engineering, to solve user needs.
- Help define metrics that measure both product health and success.
- Prioritize problems and make trade-off decisions to find the best solution.
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- Curiosity, a desire to figure out how to make things better.
- Experience leading with empathy. Affecting outcomes with influence instead of authority.
- Experience building software products, and concepts such as web apps and APIs.
- The ability to balance long-term strategic objectives against near-term tactical wins.
- You have stewarded products through its lifecycle in a relevant space.
- You have experience building tooling for operations or customer support teams.
- You have experience with workflow or funnel optimization.
- You know how to thrive in a growing, complex organization.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $146,000 to $220,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.