Director, Procurement and Strategic Partnership
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Zoox is looking for a Director of Procurement & Strategic Partnerships. You will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic guidance across Zoox and its supply base to ensure world class quality of product and services feeding into Zoox vehicle platforms and associated infrastructure. The individual will be responsible for leading a team of procurement-focused and supply chain operations-focused team members and our global strategic partners to develop and execute strategies designed to minimize cost while optimizing technology availability, terms and conditions and overall operational execution.
- Identify, establish relationships with and manage day-to-day engagement and execution with Zoox’s strategic suppliers in support of the success of our ground-up robotaxi development, launch and scaling efforts, as well as our test vehicle fleet.
- Establish and optimize strategy for and oversee the negotiation of all terms associated with the long-term success of a supply chain partnership in support of Zoox’s goals, including cost, technical and operational support and all other general terms and conditions.
- Partner closely with key cross-functional teams, including Vehicle Engineering, Advanced Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Logistics, Finance and Fleet Operations, ensuring our supply chain meets our broader strategic and tactical goals.
- Drive technology roadmap visibility across the business for key stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering and manufacturing) for all technologies within your domain of management.
- Ensure all critical supply chain data is readily available and current to provide insights into status and key risks to enable proactive mitigation and readiness.
- Lead, manage, mentor and coach a team of Strategic Sourcing Managers and Strategic Technical Buyers in support of these efforts.
- 15+ years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing and supply chain management and partnership development in an environment developing and launching hardware products (automotive or other industrial vehicle experience highly preferred)
- 12+ years of experience leading teams
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters highly preferred)
- Strategic sourcing, financial and business opportunity analysis, familiarity with cost modeling and comfort with legal frameworks and contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders, including C-level
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly innovative and cross-functional environment to achieve business objectives
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $253,000 to $318,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.