Senior Manager, Autonomy Metrics
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
The Autonomy Software Metrics team is responsible for providing engineers and leadership at Zoox with tools to evaluate the behavior of Zoox’s autonomy stack using simulation. The team collaborates with experts across the organization to ensure a high safety bar, great customer experience, and rapid feedback to developers. The metrics team is responsible for evaluating the complete end-to-end customer experience through simulation, evaluating factors that impact safety, comfort, legality, road citizenship, progress, and more. You’ll be part of a passionate team making transportation safer, smarter, and more sustainable. This role gives you high visibility within the company and is critical for successfully launching our autonomous driving software.
- Manage and continue building the Autonomy Software Metrics team
- You will collaborate with leaders and experts across the organization to identify and prioritize metrics development efforts that best serve our eventual customers, and to develop and promote a unified vision for end-to-end metrics within Zoox
- You will work closely with end users to promote a metrics-driven culture and rapid pace of development
- You will collaborate with technical leadership within the metrics team to prioritize efforts and ensure customer needs are met
- Degree in Data Science, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of team management experience
- 10+ years of Data Science/Metrics experience
- Experience managing large scope and cross-functional projects and teams
- Excellent soft skills to build and maintain consensus and relationships across the organization
- Track record of strategic thinking related to how data and metrics products guide software development
- Experience with related disciplines: Data Science, Analytics, Metrics, Validation, etc.
- Experience in the Autonomous Vehicle domain
- C++, Python
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $295,000 to $370,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.