Motion Planning Cost Development Internship/Co-op
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot should go and how to get there safely. We're looking for a software engineer with an advanced degree and experience building real-time motion planning/trajectory generation algorithms for robots in uncertain environments.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD Candidate in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Fluency in C / C++
- Understanding of configuration spaces and a variety of planning techniques (A*, D*, RRTs, etc.)
- Understanding of graphs and their application to continuous spaces
- Demonstrated ability to create realtime motion planning algorithms
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematical and geometrical skills
- Contributions to geometric- and/or sampling-based planning algorithms
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Solid understanding of ROS
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.