Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Perception & 3D Tracking
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Zoox is looking for a software engineer to join our Perception team and help us build novel architectures for classifying and understanding the complex and dynamic environments in our cities. In this role, you will have access to the best sensor data in the world and an incredible infrastructure for testing and validating your algorithms. We are creating new algorithms for segmentation, tracking, classification, and high-level scene understanding, and you could work on any (or all!) of these components.
You will be part of a dynamic team with diverse backgrounds from software engineering, machine learning, probability theory and state estimation.
- Day to day activities span from research and literature review of state of the art solutions
- Design, experimentation and validation of selected solutions
- Real time implementation and deployment on vehicle
- Software design, implementation, and optimization; etc.
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field
- Fluency in C++ and Python
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Demonstrated ability to create realtime systems that solve difficult perception tasks
- Strong mathematical skills and understanding of probabilistic techniques
- Experience with tracking techniques like data association and state estimation
- Experience with modern machine learning techniques like transformers
- Publications in your field (CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA preferred)
- Experience with experience building perception pipelines that work with real data in rapidly changing and uncertain environments.
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. LiDAR, camera, radar)
- Experience with data representations like pointclouds, meshes, voxel-representation, pixel-domain, etc.
- Experience with nonlinear non Gaussian multi hypotheses tracking
- Experience with probabilistic representations of neural networks output
- Experience with weighted nonlinear least square estimation like GTSAM
- Experience with ML Python libraries like PyTorch, TensorFlow, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $211,000-$300,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.