Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
As an intern on the Advanced Hardware Engineering team, you'll be working alongside those that architect, design, and develop our state-of-the-art hardware systems required for enabling autonomous mobility. The hardware systems are composed of engineering disciplines which work cohesively with the rest of the company for a successful product launch.
The camera engineering team is responsible for the end-to-end design, validation and integration of high-quality imaging systems into Zoox fleet. You will be working on design/validation of imaging hardware- cameras, lenses, image sensors, illuminating systems. You will work with the team members in designing custom lab setups and automation software. We are looking for highly motivated, hands-on, quick learning individuals who are passionate about solving problems.
Technical Qualifications & Language Requirements
- Good understanding of camera technologies and performance metrics
- Academic experience in the areas related to optics, image sensors, and image signal processing.
- Prior experience in building and qualification of optomechanical or optoelectrical systems or image signal processing related work is a huge bonus.
- Basic understanding of functional and reliability testing of imaging systems
- Software: C++, MATLAB/Python, Git/Github
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into measurable and repeatable quantitative tests
- Good technical documentation and communication skills with quantitative and data driven mindset.
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.