Director of Product Security
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Zoox was founded to make personal transportation safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable—for everyone. To achieve that goal, the team created a whole new form of transportation. Zoox will provide mobility-as-a-service in dense urban environments. We will handle the driving, charging, maintenance, and upgrades for our fleet of vehicles. With such systems operating in our cities, it becomes very critical to guarantee the security of the fleet and the frontend and backend services, to guarantee the safety of our customers and the general public.
The Product Security team at Zoox is responsible for protecting the product systems against attacks that can compromise any aspects guarantees of safety and privacy of the service. The team charter encompasses developing security-critical software for vehicle platform & backend infrastructure, providing security guidance to software teams through architecture reviews, threat analysis, risk assessment, and development of reference implementations of security features, all following and extending industry best practices and standards.
As a Director of Product Security you will work closely with the Zoox Executive team and Senior leadership from Information Technology, Legal and Policy, Vehicle Engineering to define and develop a strategy for the security posture at Zoox. You and your team will navigate effectively through resource dependencies, constraints, risks, blockers, and at risk-items. Define using security frameworks such as NIST, ISO 21434, be able to show progress in the maturity of the overall information security program. As Zoox moves toward service launch, prepare the company to meet data privacy requirements such as GDPR, CCPA, and other applicable regulations.
- In this role you will be responsible for leading the team working identifying software and hardware protective cybersecurity measures, conducting threat analysis and researching industry best practices and cyber incidents and performing related activities necessary to define concrete actions around cybersecurity posture for Zoox’s product.
- You will be leading the advancement of Zoox’s product security function and take it to the next level of maturity which will include taking on other related security functions such as security analytics, Threat Management, and/or managing support and engineering for cybersecurity.
- You and your team will work collaboratively with business and technical teams to identify security risks, implement security controls, and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations to protect the organization's services, systems and data.
- Builds relationships and collaboration partnerships with the engineering teams to implement the required cybersecurity capabilities that protect Zoox’s product.
- Work with internal business partners such as Finance, Legal, Policy, HR, Comms to help guide them during security incidents.
- Present periodic status reports to the organization on the product cybersecurity case informing about its progress and roadmap with fully defined quantifiable metrics.
- Help developing an Incident Response Steering team to guide the program growth.
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or a related field
- 10+ years of hands-on experience on Product Cyber Security and/or Enterprise Cyber Security
- Prior engineering management experience shipping complex software and products
- Prior experience working with Executive Leaders and Technical Program Managers to create and execute cybersecurity roadmaps for your team and the organization
- Experience in managing managers and with headcount planning and partnering with recruiting organizations to achieve hiring milestones
- Strong communication skills as they engage and provide updates to the senior leadership team up to the executive team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with cross functional partnerships
- Maintains a strong understanding of current cybersecurity threats and countermeasures, such as Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), cyber-crime, hacktivism, and associated tacticsKnowledge of industry standard frameworks as NIST, IPCI, SOX, HIPAA and standards such as ISO21434 and ISO 27001
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $277,000 to $426,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.