Hardware Engineer, Test Development (CONTRACT)
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
As our Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for developing, documenting and executing component and system-level hardware testing. You will collaborate with suppliers, design and system engineers to characterize the functional performance of Zoox sense and compute hardware. You will be responsible for development testing on early prototypes and qualification testing on modules intended for vehicle use. Projects range from interface compliance testing to developing purpose built tools. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional hardware engineer.
- Test Execution:
- Use oscilloscopes, network analyzers, and other electrical/environmental test equipment
- Develop test setups via block diagrams, BoMs and test plans
- Test Infrastructure Development:
- Develop custom test assets such as load simulators, test harnessing and python scripts
- Facilitate test infrastructure projects by working with procurement and suppliers
- Draft and present Test Plans, Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews and Data Reviews
- Review and consult on documentation release for standards, design, and risk assessments
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years in electronics development
- Experience with testing electronic, automotive, aerospace, or vehicle components
- Experience with Design tools
- PCBA: Altium preferred
- 3D Modeling: 3DExperience or Catia preferred
- Experience in using lab equipment (Environmental Chambers, Oscilloscopes, E-loads, VNA, TDR, and spectrum analyzer)
- Experience with Ubuntu and Python
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering or similar discipline
- Team/club competitions (e.g. SAE, FIRST, DARPA)
- Systems and networking foundational knowledge (systems architecture, memory hierarchy, storage subsystems, LANs, routing)
- Experience with:
- Ethernet switching chipsets (i.e. Broadcom, Marvell), PCIe, CAN Compliance
- Simulation Tools (Ansys preferred)
- Common bus protocols (SPI, I2C, MDIO)
- Process/Tool Familiarity with:
- Data Acquisition systems (UEI and/or Keysight preferred)
- Requirement-Test Case management tools (Polarion preferred)
- Atlassian software products (Jira/Confluence)
This on-site role entails working in the office at least 4 days per week in our Foster City office (HQ).
This is a contract position and employment for this position will be through a vendor contracted with Zoox. The pay range for this position is $65 to $80 per hour and you will be eligible for a benefits package as offered by the vendor.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.