Supplier Quality Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
The Supplier Quality Engineer will play a key role in ensuring world-class performance of the Zoox prototype and production supply base and drive continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven, energetic, detailed, and team-oriented.
Candidates with experience in working knowledge of vehicle harness manufacturing, Wire harness diagrams, EDI, and IPC620 will be highly preferred.
- Works with Vehicle Systems Engineering to assess the manufacturability of new product designs.
- Works with Engineering and Strategic Sourcing managers to select appropriate suppliers with the right manufacturing knowhow by conducting detailed Supplier process assessments/audits and further provides feedback to management on final selection.
- Assess the manufacturability of new product designs and assist both Zoox Engineering and its suppliers with improving manufacturability.
- Manage product and process development with suppliers
- Assist suppliers with the development of manufacturing processes
- Review prototype and production part quality document submissions from suppliers and provide feedback
- Issue corrective action requests to suppliers and provides support with their resolution.
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Vehicle Engineering regarding analysis and disposition of suspect supplier material.
- Responsible for training and setting up the supplier in the Zoox Supplier Quality Portal, further reviews prototype and production parts quality document submissions from suppliers, and provides feedback as and when required.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the supply base using quality and lean manufacturing tools
- Improve Zoox supplier quality processes such as assessments, supplier management, part approval, and corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- 6+ years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, or Manufacturing in the automotive, aviation, or medical device industries
- Experience in PCB/PCBA/Electromechanical manufacturing
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) - Experience creating and improving quality systems
- Experience using problem-solving techniques such as Six-Sigma, 8-Discipline, Pareto Charts, Regression Analysis, ANOVA, DOE, Fish Bone Analysis, Red-X, is preferred.
- Experience using quality analysis and control tools such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, Process Control Plans, SPC, MSA, Process Capability
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally about 30%
- Working knowledge of vehicle harness manufacturing, Wire harness diagram, and EDI
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Working knowledge of IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610 & IPC-A-620 standards
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems such as ISO 9000 and IATF 16949 - Certifications such as ASQ, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Fully literate in Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $132,000 to $217,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.