IT Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
The Client Services team is responsible for Zoox’s employee-facing and commonly used IT services. A successful IT Support Engineer will have strong time management, interpersonal, and troubleshooting skills. This individual will work with a team of infrastructure engineers, developers, and client service technicians to troubleshoot issues, automate redundant tasks and improve the efficiency of the Client Services team.
- Research, install/implement, and upgrade internal systems and SAAS platforms.
- Manage, work, and track tickets in Zoox ticketing systems
- Manage escalations to/from other IT staff as needed
- Identify and report support trends
- Identify gaps in documentation and create/update as needed
- Attend meetings and manage efforts for cross-functional team initiatives
- Work on client-side security projects to improve the security of maintained systems
- Potential travel is required to support various locations within the Bay Area.
- 5 years of experience in a similar IT Support /Admin role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload and other assignments
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Windows 10, Ubuntu, Chrome OS, and macOS troubleshooting experience
- Proven skills with G Suite products
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (VPN, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP account administration
- Familiarity with certificates and endpoint security
- Familiarity with client-level virtualization software (VirtualBox, Parallels, etc.)
- Familiarity with endpoint management tooling (SCCM/Intune, Jamf, etc.)
- Experience with Jira / Confluence or similar ticketing and wiki services
- Experience with Single Sign-On providers with multi-factor authentication
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $90,000 to $120,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.