Validation Engineer, Feature Integration
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Zoox is looking for a vehicle verification and validation engineer for the features on our robot platform. In this role, you will be responsible for validating new functions of Zoox’s ground-up autonomous vehicle. You will be part of a team that develops, validates, and continuously improves the robot’s features and capability to production maturity. You will engage cross-functional teams and hold yourself, teammates, and the larger organization accountable for meeting requirements. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about vehicle feature integration and has excellent problem-solving skills.
This role is in the Vehicle Development organization, leading verification and validation activities for vehicle-level feature integration testing to support the Zoox mission.
- You will develop, maintain, and execute the vehicle-level validation plan for the vehicle motion and power management features
- You will ceate test cases for all vehicle-level features: both robot and customer-centric
- You will conduct and document all validation test results in written form
- You will lead the investigation of issues identified during testing
- You will lead and track cross-functional validation efforts to ensure high success for the first through vehicle-level validation
- You will identify and establish a regression testing suite and cadence for applicable features
- You will report out of metrics for feature validation
- You will support homologation test case creation and validation
- BS in Engineering
- Experience writing test cases and test reports for feature or vehicle requirements
- Experience testing vehicle systems (electrical, mechanical, HMI, dynamic, quasi-static, inspection)
- Experience managing test assets
- Knowledge of vehicle engineering or software validation process
- Familiarity with CAN networks and vehicle system architecture
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (Polarion, JIRA)
- Experience diagnosing issues on CAN and LIN
- Familiarity with LINUX and Python
- Knowledge of vehicle motion control systems (brakes, suspension, etc)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $132,000 to $217,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.