Manager, PMO Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox supports some of the company’s most complex, cross-functional decisions and programs. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand-in-hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
We pride ourselves on our ability to take complexity and translate that into meaningful actions and high-quality, timely decisions. We have a strong track record of helping the organization execute more effectively across a number of different programs and initiatives. We do this through clear thinking, problem-solving, implementing improved operational measures and influencing and coaching tactics. The Operations Manager for PMO will work closely with the team director and managers to ensure that the team presents a uniform and consistent interface to the rest of Zoox, remains organized and focused on deliverables, and enables the director to focus on support and growth of the management team.
- Lead the effort to develop robust reporting tools for all PMO teams according to their needs and manage the company’s ZQP planning process.
- Responsible for securing regular reports including program updates, board meeting documents, and content for company presentations. Also driving agendas, content readiness, and recording notes and action items for executive and senior leadership meetings.
- Assists the PMO director and the team leaders with staff meetings, budgeting, onboarding of new hires, announcements, etc.
- Maintains the company roadmap & goals documentation assets. Ensure alignment between communications, strategy, & finance teams and executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related science discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with product development, ideally in projects that involve complex systems.
- Experience interfacing directly with corporate leaders and executives outside of your own organization.
- Superb in written and verbal communications and skilled at presenting to a large and diverse audience.
- Has the ability to think critically, grasp the big picture, and be able to dive into details to distill the key messages for an executive audience.
- Is able to give and receive feedback kindly, and has integrity and a keen sense of core values that guides their work.
- In-depth experience with system architecture, safety critical systems, corporate strategy, and/or test & validation.
- Product development experience at a car company or a Tier 1 auto OEM.
- Previous technical program management experience.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $180,000 to $230,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling and positioning within a level are determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting represents the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.