Test Technician, EE Integration Lab
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
As part of the EE Systems Integration team, we will collectively be responsible for assuring that electrical, electronic, and mechatronic systems are defined, specified, manufactured, integrated, and tested into systems and vehicles with a maximum of reliability and performance.
As a Test Technician, you will work with a high-performance team at the cutting edge of integrating and testing our complex electrical systems. You will work with system owners, firmware developers, test engineers, and other technicians to operate test bucks and robots in stationary and dyno environments. You will also aid in designing, procuring, and building test bucks and robots with visible craftsmanship and deep pride in the end product. Life isn’t perfect though, problems will happen and you will help to root cause and understand them and make Zoox’s product better.
- You will operate and perform tests (following the test plan) on bucks and hardware-in-the-loop electrical systems
- You will work with test requesters to ensure successful performance evaluations
- You will flash firmware on vehicle components with changes and updates tracking
- You will fabricate and pinout wiring harnesses from schematic
- You will troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- You will assemble electro-mechanical systems and test fixtures
- You will fabricate and assemble test fixtures from CAD and drawings
- AA or higher in electrical/electronics technology, or equivalent
- Experience assembling and testing electro-mechanical systems
- Experience reading schematics and assembling or repairing wiring harnesses
- Experience with EE lab equipment (Digital Multimeters, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, etc)
- Familiar with operating dSPACE, HIL, and Dyno systems
- Previous experience diagnosing CAN or ethernet network issues
- Experience with automotive high-voltage systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The hourly range for this position is $36.00 - $58.00. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.