Manufacturing Quality Engineering Technician
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
The Manufacturing Quality Engineering Technician will support the Manufacturing Engineering team and work cross-functionally with Vehicle Engineering, Corporate Quality, and Supplier Quality within Zoox. The technicians will use their technical background to perform root cause analysis on vehicles, record their findings, and communicate critical information to the cross-functional team.
- Read technical drawings and CAD to understand part design and intended assembly
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to facilitate root cause analysis
- Develop and document troubleshooting techniques
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to identify and communicate trends
- Create and update quality documents
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand CAD models
- Broad technical background in mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Ability to read PFMEA and Control Plans
- A.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of technician experience in automotive manufacturing
- Experience building test equipment
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The hourly range for this position is $33.50 to $52.50. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.