Senior Staff Accounting Manager, Policy and Reporting
Accounting & Finance
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Zoox’s Accounting Team is looking for a dynamic, experienced leader to join our fast-paced and evolving business. This Senior Accounting Manager position is a leadership role that will be responsible for accounting, reporting, and strategic activities. This role will also lead cross-functional, multi-year projects that have high visibility and strategic importance to finance and operational organizations.
The successful candidate will possess deep technical accounting and reporting knowledge and will have experience driving strategic cross-functional projects. Demonstrated experience accomplishing complex challenges will be expected and will be an ongoing requirement for this role. Many of our candidates for this position will have held similar roles in larger public companies or held a director-level position with a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients.
This position will be responsible for supporting all aspects of Accounting Policy and Reporting including supporting our operational accounting teams by researching and applying US and International accounting standards to unique business transactions, developing and updating formal accounting policies, and managing all aspects of communications to our stakeholders. This role will require significant collaboration with internal stakeholders within Zoox and with Amazon.
What you'll do
- Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders by researching and applying US GAAP to unique, significant, and/or non-routine transactions.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of accounting and reporting conclusions for complex, highly judgmental business transactions involving revenue arrangements, leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, investments, and VIEs and consolidation.
- Monitoring of assets for impairment and documenting policy and conclusions.
- Prepare internal use financial statements including related disclosure content.
- Prepare position papers with appropriate consideration of accounting guidance and interpretations.
- Implement new accounting guidance and monitor evolving proposed guidance.
- Manage and ensure compliance with SOX controls, technical accounting documentation, and internal accounting policies and procedures.
- 12+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- Degree in accounting or related field with sufficient experience to sit for the CPA exam.
- Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification.
- Experience with documenting accounting conclusions.
- Big 4 audit background at the senior manager level (Fortune 500 clients), preferably with experience working in or with the national office.
- Accounting policy and operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies for two or more years.
- Expertise with the application of US and International GAAP to unique or complex business transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to draft technical accounting positions in plain English.
- Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company.
- Aptitude for influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $155,000 to $221,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.