Infrastructure Security Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Zoox is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer to join our Product Security team. The team works on the cybersecurity of the Zoox robotaxi service. We guide and advise software engineering teams building our flagship product while aligning our efforts with company-wide infrastructure architecture, shared tooling, and cybersecurity processes.
Beyond the technical infrastructure and cybersecurity knowledge, an ideal candidate would also possess the passion and skills necessary to implement our “shift-left” approach, enabled by automation. This includes an interest in and knowledge of effective ways to educate and guide teams we serve, as well as software engineering experience to integrate security systems– including developing new internal tools when appropriate.
Responsibilities (What you will do)
- Find, triage, and guide the resolution of cloud configuration issues found by commercial tooling, internal tooling, and independent research.
- Translate Zoox policies and standards into specific infrastructure guidance for teams, including feedback on their system design documents and existing infrastructure.
- Work with other teams to make our infra-design patterns and infrastructure-as-code modules secure by design.
- Improve the developer experience of “shift-left” infrastructure security-related systems and workflows.
- Configure, integrate, modify, and develop off-the-shelf and custom security tools.
- Collaborate with feature teams and other cybersecurity teams across the company.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies and suggest things to try as well as more substantial architectural changes as best practices evolve.
- Independently develop project briefs into actionable plans and carry them through.
- Contribute to and eventually own the infrastructure part of our team’s long-term roadmap.
- 6+ years of experience across software engineering, cloud infrastructure operations / SRE / DevOps, and cybersecurity.
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role or developing SRE / DevOps / cybersecurity tooling of substantial scope.
- Knowledge of cloud environments (we use AWS), automation tooling, configuration management, infrastructure-as-code, and container-based workload orchestrators.
- Experience with cloud security concepts, common problems, and their resolutions, and infrastructure hardening in the cloud.
- Persuasion, emotional intelligence, asynchronous communication skills, and relationship-building skills that enable you to achieve complex goals on short deadlines by teams that do not report to you.
- Experience using formal (threat model, attack graph, TARA) and informal ways to enumerate threats and evaluate risks, present them in the context of common cybersecurity frameworks, and then recommend multiple mitigation strategies.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $256,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.