Operations Manager, Mission Readiness
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
As an Operations Manager on Zoox’s Mission Readiness team, you will be responsible for the operational readiness of all vehicles and associated equipment. This includes early morning and shift change vehicle preparation, vehicle transits, deploying the right SW/FW to the right vehicles at the right time, pre-mission checks, refueling/charging, calibration support, and regulatory compliance. Additionally, the Operations Manager ensures that the interior, exterior, and driving sensors are routinely inspected and cleaned per defined standard operating procedures. You will align your team to milestone deliverables and provide support to ensure goals and objectives are met. You will develop key performance indicators for your team and develop the methodology to track progress against those KPIs accurately. Additionally, you will directly lead support personnel responsible for onboarding and parts procurement.
- Drive 100% on-time performance at each geosite.
- Own the analysis, documentation, and reporting of Mission Readiness geosite data and metrics.
- Create and manage employee schedules, including time off and holidays, to maintain operational readiness.
- Be an advocate for constant, never-ending improvement using lean Six Sigma methodologies and operational improvement processes.
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain real-time communication with cross-functional teams.
- Manage workflow by allocating resources based on skill sets and ensure the job is done to internal quality standards.
- Ensure that all AV-related sensors are inspected and cleaned in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Engagement in the recruiting and hiring process for workshop personnel.
- Provide new-hire onboarding, training, and communicating expectations.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to full-time staff.
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that vehicle interior and exterior cleaning occurs at regular intervals.
- Enforcing all health and safety policies in the workshop.
- Support the readiness of spare parts and the associated inventory.
- Ensure the workshop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous and/or hazardous material in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines.
- 5+ years of people leadership experience in a fast-paced, safety-focused service environment.
- Ability to synthesize information and make sound, data-driven decisions.
- Proficient with performing analysis using Jira, Looker, and/or Excel/GSheets.
- Proven ability to quickly learn technical subjects.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally (less than 15%).
- This position requires you to be on-site 5 days per week at locations ranging from San Francisco, Foster City, and Menlo Park Thursday through Monday to conduct weekend planning during Thursday/Friday, execution on Saturday/Sunday, and debrief to the leadership team on Monday.
- Clean driving record that meets company standards.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
- Experience planning and managing large, complex projects and operations.
- Team player that collaborates well cross-functionally.
- Must be honest, responsible, and an outstanding communicator (both written and verbal).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around.
- Ability to go up and down stairs, as well as stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, kneel, and reach during shifts.
- Experience in a fast-paced service environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing external vendor relationships.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt or above.
- Possessing a growth mindset.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $123,000 to $154,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.