Senior People Partner, Hardware
Other Engineering, People & HR
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
We are inventors, builders, and doers, passionate and purposeful in the work we do. We have a once-in-a-century opportunity to reinvent personal transportation—and we need your help. The People Experience (HR) Team is passionate about creating an engaging and rewarding employee experience through meaningful and results-oriented programs and fit-for-purpose processes. Zoox is a company of inventors, builders, and doers. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology in a fun and collaborative work environment.
We are looking for a Senior People Partner to support clients within our Hardware teams, reporting to the Manager, People Partners of Hardware. This role is part of a broader team, acting as a strategic partner with senior leaders to influence and drive appropriate Talent Strategies enabling business execution. You will also be responsible for contributing to the People Experience Team to enhance and scale our Talent Practices and People Programs.
- Acts as a strategic thought partner and advisor with business leaders, managers, senior and critical ICs
- Consults with leaders on strategic priorities, Talent Strategies, and provides strategic and operational guidance
- Engages/influences leaders on talent plans to drive workforce needs (in partnership with Talent Acquisition)
- Develops and implements strategies for integrating, retaining, and developing talent
- Drives and supports the performance management process (calibrations, promotions, and performance improvement process and plans)
- Coaches all levels of the organization
- Leads org design/health initiatives assessments in partnership with business leaders
- Identifies potential risks with change and develops mitigation strategies
- Helps leaders and employees navigate transitions effectively
- Understands compensation philosophy and structures, and has as a high level pulse on trends (internal feedback) and implications on pay programs
- Provides guidance and insight in I&D and L&D needs
- Manages and mitigates employee relations issues effectively
- Manages projects effectively, meeting deadlines and objectives, and coordinates cross-functional teams when necessary.
- Assesses Talent Trends and Risks, and uses data to influence leaders and inform decisions
- 6+ years of experience as a People Partner/HRBP and 8+ years of total HR experience
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders, specifically within engineering
- Demonstrated results in executing inclusive, scalable Talent Strategies and programs in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Experience contributing to the enhancement and scaling of programs tailored for the various phases of a growing startup (build from scratch or revamp)
- Demonstrated change management and project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consulting, teamwork, and influencing skills
- Strong judgment in assessing employee and business risk
- Knowledge of compensation strategies and packages that include equity
This hybrid role entails working in the office three days per week in our Foster City office (HQ).
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $154,000 to $194,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.