Technical Program Manager, End of Line (EOL)
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
As our Technical Program Manager, End of Line, on the Manufacturing Engineering team you will support our rapidly growing Manufacturing Engineering team to drive scaling of vehicle production and support coordination of day-to-day vehicle test activities. In this high visibility role, you will work cross-functionally across Zoox (including with Vehicle Quality, Manufacturing Diagnostics, Vehicle Engineering, Fleet Operations, and Software) to help us achieve our operational and strategic milestones. You will work with the relevant teams to develop roadmaps/milestones, facilitate cross-functional alignment, flag risks, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
- In this role, you will oversee the End-of-line (EOL) validation process, ensuring that our vehicle system meets functional requirements at various Zoox sites.
- Work with team members to develop and execute a plan to scale required vehicle testing to meet top-down corporate strategy and milestones.
- Support day-to-day vehicle manufacturing testing operations by ensuring cross-functional alignment and driving resolution/escalating of any roadblocks
- Collaborate with Vehicle Engineering, Software, Procurement, PMO, etc. to define and track resource requirements to ensure validation of systems, including autonomy, performance attributes, and homologation requirements.
- Develop and maintain End of Line (EOL) test cases to improve systems reliability
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to display EOL vehicle performance, stability, and timely issue resolution
- Ensure every team understands deliverables and risks at all times by defining/managing processes, leading meetings, and facilitating clear cross-functional communication
- Support key decisions by working cross-functionally across engineering, manufacturing, procurement, and finance to reach the right conclusions
- Maintain EOL HW/SW configuration and develop software launch cadence
- BS or MS degree in an engineering or management discipline
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing operations, engineering, program management
- Experience with developing/executing test requirements for a complex, integrated product (i.e. automotive, aerospace, robotics, etc.)
- Strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Systems integration and test engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in launch and scaling of volume production.
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to manage confidential information
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $131,000 to $189,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.