Senior Charging Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Join us as a Senior Mechanical Engineer for Charging Systems at Zoox, where you'll embark on an exciting career path with a clear trajectory toward leadership. In this pivotal role, you'll have the unique opportunity to lead a small team of mechanical and electrical engineers, who are responsible for the design, development, and production of our onboarding charging hardware and depot infrastructure, which is specifically tailored for our autonomous mobility service. Your journey into management will be accelerated through close collaboration with esteemed engineering leaders in diverse fields such as hardware, software, product development, IT, infrastructure, procurement, finance, vehicle engineering, and our strategic supplier network. This role provides a compelling path for individuals seeking to step into a leadership position and make a significant impact.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the development and enhancement of the technology development processes and functions in the charging and infrastructure domain
- Lead technical design reviews of build-to-specification and build-to-print components and subsystems
- Be responsible for resolving technical issues promptly and effectively
- Review and approve requisite documentation (reports, BOMs, drawings, test reports, etc)
- Effectively manage, train, and cultivate engineering talent while maintaining a keen interest in progressing towards a leadership position within the company
- Manage budget, resource planning, and scheduling
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience (ME, EE or Mechatronics)
- At least 8 years of engineering experience in charging or related discipline
- Deep technical knowledge of electric vehicle subsystems including design, modeling and simulation, manufacturing, materials, chemistries, and electronics
- Demonstrated release of hardware products that depend on firmware/software
- Hardware and software integration experience: project planning, bring-up, deploy and sustaining
- Track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Polarion, Google Suite, 3DX, Reliasoft
- Experience in people or program management
- Experience with automotive functional safety (ISO26262) standards, EE HW reliability life calculations, and system FMEA analysis
- Experience with automotive EE system level communication (CAN, LIN)
- Understanding of Lithium-Ion degradation and failure modes/mechanisms
- Understanding concepts of electromagnetic compatibility/interference
- Six Sigma training or specific problem-solving methodologies (PPS, A0, 8D, etc.)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $155,000 to $255,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.