Systems Engineer - System Validation
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Zoox is looking for a systems engineer to lead the systems safety verification and validation of our level 3 autonomy test platform. As a Systems Validation Engineer on the System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team, you will be leading the specification and execution of systems validation plans, working closely with embedded firmware, systems safety, HIL, and hardware engineers. Your efforts will have a direct impact on the safety of our cutting edge autonomous driving system.
- Develop a strategy to effectively validate the safety of Zoox’s L3 platform on a monthly cadence
- Write comprehensive test plans based on requirements
- Develop and execute tests on various test platforms, such as HIL and vehicle
- Work with partner teams - such as vehicle operations, firmware validation, manufacturing operations - to design and build test tooling and procedures
- Analyze system safety requirements to understand and contribute to the safety concept
- Troubleshoot and debug issues, tracing failures to correct subsystems
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results
- Evaluate and influence L3 Architecture and SW design for testability
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 6 years of work experience in integrated software/hardware verification and validation
- Knowledgeable in vehicle systems - such as steering, brakes, localization, motor controls, CAN, ethernet, and/or vehicle architectures
- Experience with test scripting and data analysis languages such as Python or Matlab
- Analytical skills and hands-on experience
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing and executing automated tests, especially in text based languages like python
- System validation experience within safety standards such as: ISO-26262, ISO-21448, ARP4754A, ARP4761 (or other regulated fields such as medical devices or aerospace) including fault injection testing
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics and vehicle drive and chassis systems (such as motors, brakes, and steering)
- Object-Oriented Programming experience
- Experience with test and measurement tools such as multimeters, scopes, Canalyzer, CanOE
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $123,000 to $200,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.