Software Engineer - Sensor HIL
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Zoox is looking for a systems engineer with a strong software development background to develop infrastructure and tests to verify and validate collision avoidance behavior. As a software developer on the System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team, you will collaborate closely with perception, software and hardware engineers. Your efforts will have a direct impact on the safety of our cutting-edge autonomous driving system. We are looking for people who are passionate about building quality, robust, optimized, and reusable software infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Develop test infrastructure and tests to verify functional safety requirements, measure coverage, and validate fault-handling capabilities
- Develop error injection and reporting tools for the Hardware-In-the-Loop infrastructure
- Collaborate with sensor engineers, perception software engineers, and software engineers to ensure test implementation meets requirements and desired functionality
- Develop and deliver a test suite for validating collision avoidance behavior requirements
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Embedded Systems, or related disciplines
- Mastery of Python
- 4 years of work experience with integrated software/hardware integration and/or verification and validation
- Proficiency in developing closed loop, hardware-in-the-loop test assets and the frameworks for their control and use in test
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in C++
- ADAS development experience
- Systems engineering experience certifying safety critical software across the full development cycle
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $151,000 to $216,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.