Systems Engineer, Product ConOps and Segment Integration
Software Engineering, Product
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Systems Engineer to lead and drive the Product Concept of Operations (ConOps) and Segment Integration for the Zoox ride service. You will be responsible for supporting a diverse group of product, operations, autonomy systems engineers, robot systems engineers, and functional safety engineers in activities including: defining product operational states, creating functional and physical decompositions, performing trade studies of operational procedures and system capabilities, developing test exercises, and managing ConOps releases/updates.
In this role, you will:
- Use best practice Model Based Systems Engineering tools to build the ConOps for a robotaxi fleet and ride service from increasing capabilities and increasing operational design domain (ODD) at scale.
- Work with operations teams to perform trade studies and gap analysis of operational procedures and system capabilities to ensure the Zoox ride service provides a seamless customer experience.
- Work with experience, product, service design, systems safety, and operations teams to develop and execute product integration plans, pulling together all segments (product, operations, autonomy systems, and robot systems) while keeping track of company go-to-market plans.
- Work with system test, product integration, and product validation engineers to ensure full test exercise coverage is defined and executed for ConOps releases.
- Work across the company to contribute to a cohesive variant management strategy that operates efficiently and safely, including but not limited to software build configurations and upgrade capabilities.
- 6+ years engineering work experience
- MBSE (e.g. Cameo, MagicDraw, IBM Rhapsody, Simulink, SysML) experience
- Strong understanding of hardware development practices (Waterfall) and software development practices (Agile)
- Strong understanding of functional safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing electrical/logical architecture and with software systems
- Experience in automotive and high speed networks
- Experience in operations such as fleet management or manufacturing
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $162,000 to $232,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.