Senior State Policy & Regulatory Affairs Associate
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
The Policy and Regulatory Affairs team at Zoox is a cross-functional organization responsible for advancing Zoox's public policy and regulatory goals, including working with state regulatory agencies and policymaking bodies.
The Senior State Policy and Regulatory Affairs Associate will support Zoox’s state policy portfolio, providing important project management, public policy analysis, and help to implement Zoox’s state policy strategy. This role will help represent Zoox in certain state-level trade associations, organizations, and meetings with policymakers and regulators.
This position can be located either at our headquarters in Foster City or remotely in Sacramento, CA, but some travel to other states will be required.
- Provide project management support for the entire state policy portfolio, including helping to lead the cross-functional development of critical regulatory and policy documents
- Support engagement with state policymakers, regulators, industry stakeholders, and key opinion leaders to shape policy and regulatory outcomes
- Track and communicate to internal teams about current and emerging policy and legislation at the state level in order to inform and execute on Zoox political strategy
- Work closely with other teams at Zoox, including Legal, Safety and Communications teams, to ensure up to date knowledge of company plans and reporting policy/political developments with analysis
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with state legislators and their staffs, regulators, and relevant state agencies/departments
- Participate and represent Zoox in trade associations as well as industry and political events
- 5+ years of government relations or public policy experience within government and/or relevant nonprofits, public interest groups, companies, or industry association
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, with experience successfully managing multiple complex, cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Skilled and experienced at persuasively and diplomatically advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences
- Experience in analyzing and summarizing complex policy and legislation, crafting succinct and informative materials to support Zoox policy and regulatory affairs objectives
- Knowledge of state legislative dynamics and decision-making, and a meaningful political network
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the a state legislature, executive office or department, or regulatory body with oversight of technology, transportation and/or autonomous vehicles
- Advanced Degree (J.D., MBA, MPP, MPA, etc.)
- 3+ years working on transportation technology policy
- Experience with policy and regulatory affairs related to autonomous vehicles
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $100,000 to $161,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.