Senior Software Engineer - Automation Tools and Infrastructure - Linux
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Zoox seeks a Software Engineer to join our Embedded Linux team. In this role, you will lead efforts to design, build, maintain, and improve coverage of a Hardware-In-the-Loop Continuous Integration automation test suite for multiple ECUs running on Zoox Level 5 autonomous vehicles. You will work closely with embedded software and validation engineers and across teams to ensure the highest stability of the covered systems. We are looking for people passionate about software engineering and looking to make an impact.
In this role, you will:
- Develop software for an automated validation framework, supporting continuous integration and nightly tests
- Research, design, develop, and maintain software tools for development and validation
- Present tool ideas and/or features to the team to improve processes
- Integrate tester software systems with server infrastructure
- Design and implement automated test framework optimizations
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- Expert Python skills
- Strong experience with Git
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD processes.
- Previous experience with Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar
- Previous experience with building systems (bazel);
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker containers is a plus;
- Test Development for HIL system;
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $151,000 to $216,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.