Manager, System Behavioral Analysis
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
As a Manager of the System Behavior Analysis Team, you will lead a team of test and triage engineers who help us understand failures encountered on the road. In this position, you will work closely with engineering teams, Technical Program Managers and Vehicle Operations to define failure modes and identify opportunities for process improvement. You will help accelerate our product development by providing engineering teams with actionable inputs teased out from large amounts of driving data, and help build the safest and most reliable autonomous driving software.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts in autonomous driving software triage and root cause analysis
- Manage a team of offshore resources to scale Autonomous vehicle driving behavior analysis coverage
- Collaborate with Engineering teams across the entire AI stack in Motion Planning, Perception, Prediction, localization, and others to establish and improve processes for various data analysis initiatives
- Drive the development of tools and automation to expand triage coverage and improve the efficiency of onsite and offshore team members
- Work with Engineering leadership to create and execute a roadmap for the SBA team aligned to company milestones
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or STEM-related field
- 2+ years of team management experience
- Proven track record of root cause analysis in complex HW/SW systems
- Experience with planning, scheduling, and performing test and release activities
- Strength in communicating data-driven decisions to leadership and excellent organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with autonomous driving or other data-heavy products or applications
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $165,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.