Technical Program Manager, Electrical Distribution Systems
IT, Other Engineering, Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a world-class team with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, controls, computer vision, simulation, design, and automated testing. You will be challenged to rethink what it means for Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Systems design to develop a purpose-built vehicle that drives itself. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work on highly cross-functional programs. You will lead and support the execution and implementation of multiple systems within our Electrical Distribution Systems team by developing project schedules to meet company milestones, supporting cross-functional alignment for change management, tracking team deliverables to internal and vehicle program milestones, identifying and raising awareness of risks, and clearly communicating ongoing progress.
In this role, you will:
- Work with team and department leads to translate milestones into detailed execution timelines
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to align on solutions and ensure change management documentation and approvals are on time
- Improve processes to work more efficiently with internal teams and our suppliers
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Resolve and escalate issues
- Maintain the engineering team’s focus by minimizing distractions and identifying and mitigating hurdles
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in leading engineering teams and/or program management
- Experience with project management and reporting tools (i.e., MS Project, SmartSheet, JIRA, Confluence)
- Proven track record in managing complex and cross-functional projects
- Ability to communicate clearly, lead by influence, and build solid relationships with team members and leadership
- Experience in highly regulated industries (i.e. automotive, aerospace, etc.)
- Familiarity with electronic device transmittals and/or low voltage wire harness development or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistics processes
- Experience in leading projects from concept to production
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $131,000 to $216,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.