Hardware Test Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Quality Assurance
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
As a hardware test automation engineer, you'll be responsible for developing and documenting test automation software. This includes writing Python scripts, libraries, hardware interfaces, and tests (using standard frameworks). You'll work closely with Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, and Systems engineers to develop module, system, and hardware-in-the-loop tests.
We're looking for someone who's enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges in bringing advanced autonomous vehicle technologies to market.
This role is open to various levels; compensation will scale with experience.
In this role, you will:
- Develop scripts and libraries to automate station configuration and test suite execution.
- Implement prototype and production tests for compute and sensor firmware and hardware.
- Collaborate with test leads to design test plans and test stations based on technical specifications.
- Collaborate with design engineers and project managers to plan and support test campaigns.
- Design and build tools to allow for post-processing and visualization of test data.
- Document software to make it easily accessible to others both within and outside of the team.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of object-oriented programming in Python.
- 3+ years of hardware testing.
- 2+ years of embedded software development in C/C++.
- 2+ years of Bash scripting in a Linux environment.
- Experience using test automation frameworks, such as PyTest or Robot Framework.
- Experience with concurrent programming using threading or futures.
- Familiarity with basic mechanical, electrical, and optical test procedures.
- Prior experience working with communications protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, or TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of various object-oriented design patterns.
- Experience with Git, Jira, Reviewable, Bamboo, Polarion, or TestRail.
- Experience using static analysis tools and formatters, such as PyLint and Black.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.