Technical Program Manager, HWSI
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Zoox's Hardware Software Integration team is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. The team is responsible for system integration, bring-up of vehicles, system verification and validation test design and development, debugging critical HW/FW integration issues and supporting manufacturing operations.
This leadership role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of Zoox's vehicle program, driving integration teams within the HWSI org. The team is composed of electrical, mechatronics, computer science, and integration engineers and works cross-functionally with module, vehicle engineering, and manufacturing teams.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the integration strategy for Zoox's vehicle program, ensuring alignment between hardware subsystems and the vehicle platform, while translating top-down corporate strategy into detailed product roadmaps and deliverables.
- Steer the delivery of production quality assurance across our vehicle fleet, especially during new vehicle architecture revisions. Monitor dependencies between HW, FW, and test readiness, ensuring comprehensive system validation.
- Align program schedules with cross-functional teams, focusing on design validation and manufacturing dry runs. Lead daily standups during execution phases to gauge progress, pinpoint risks, and ensure timely follow-ups.
- Maintain transparent communication at both working and executive levels, representing the HWSI initiatives in communications with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Collaborate closely with a diverse team of electrical, mechatronics, computer science, and integration engineers, and interface with module, vehicle engineering, and manufacturing teams. Monitor fleet stability, oversee issue triage, and drive corrective actions.
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of factory tester infrastructure assets, from requirement gathering to production release. Champion system design verification to ensure Zoox’s vehicle HW & FW configurations fulfill system functionality and performance criteria. Assist the HWSI team in quarterly planning, ensuring alignment with Zoox's overarching priorities.
- Work with cross-functional peers to introduce process enhancements, aiming for better planning and alignment with company objectives. Categorize issues by root cause and promote lessons learned.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years in engineering or program management, with at least 4 years specifically in program management.
- Proficiency in HW/FW validation strategies and familiarity with manufacturing environments.
- Proven experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) project management, with the ability to adapt to evolving priorities and dependencies.
- Demonstrated ability to bring clarity to dynamic projects and manage dashboards tailored for diverse stakeholder groups.
- A track record of identifying cross-functional process gaps, proposing solutions, and securing necessary approvals.
- Exceptional collaborative skills, with the capability to influence and work with cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $150,000 to $200,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.