Senior / Staff Program Manager, People Technology
IT, People & HR, Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Zoox is looking for an experienced program manager to support People Experience Technology. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our PEx (People Experience) leaders, technology partners and system analysts both internally and externally to PEX to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. We are looking for someone with strong program management skills and demonstrated experience supporting and building an HRIS function at a fast-growing organization. This position will lead the design, development, and implementation of comprehensive programs and processes supporting our PEX Technology roadmaps. You will have to work with cross-functional PMO teams to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress where necessary.
This position is responsible for working with our People Experience teams, our key stakeholders (including FInance, Procurement and, Legal) to ensure that their needs are translated into initiatives which can then be built into our systems and tools. They also need to propose and implement new approaches to using existing systems like Workday, VNDLY and Lever, as well as proposing where new systems and modules might offer a more optimal solution for Zoox’s HRIS needs. We are looking for someone with expertise in implementing best-in-class HRIS practices who can serve as a thought leader across the organization on how to best leverage HRIS systems. Being a team player is critical for this position.
We move fast here at Zoox, and many candidates will be asked from time to time to wear many hats. We would love to hear from you if you are up for adapting to the challenges, taking on new roles as needed, and hitting deadlines. If you’re not shy about herding cats and managing chaos, then this role was made for you!
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Review and evaluate existing or proposed programs for impact and ROI and recommend appropriate changes as needed
- Oversee and manage end-to-end program life cycles, including planning, development, delivery, and assessment
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are ongoing within relevant engineering teams
- Set agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in program management and HRIS, including development and implementation of HRIS transformation programs.
- Proven experience in designing and delivering successful and scalable HRIS and Service delivery programs in a fast-paced environment
- Strong HR functional expertise with technology, operations, and implementations, systems, data and analytics
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record influencing senior leaders and stakeholders
- Experience leading cross-functional projects in a matrixed environment, including achieving results by working across teams (e.g., People Partners, I&D, Compensation, Recruiting, Legal)
- Strong group facilitation and presentation skills across a variety of formats (live, in-person or remote)
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Strong track record in managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Familiarity with concepts related to performance reviews, promotions, internal mobility and/or compensation programs is a plus.
This hybrid role entails working in the office three days per week in our Foster City office (HQ).
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $149,000 to $216,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.