Senior Software Spark Developer - Perception
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
You will be part of a team building state-of-the-art AI solutions for the Zoox autonomous driving Perception stack. As a member of the Perception team, you will be part of the “eyes and ears” of the Zoox autonomous driving stack, deploying state-of-the-art AI solutions to ensure safe and effective driving. In this role you will be responsible for designing and building systems to validate models on large (PBs) multimodal data. We're seeking a seasoned Spark Expert to supercharge our data processing capabilities. The ideal candidate will possess deep expertise in Spark optimization, with a rich history of leveraging PySpark, Scala, and Databricks to drive data processing improvements.
- Develop data pipelines and workflows using modern data processing technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and Databricks, to support the processing of large volumes of sensor data from autonomous driving vehicles.
- Dive deep into our existing Spark jobs, identifying bottlenecks, and implementing best practices to maximize efficiency and reduce job run times.
- Collaborate with ML engineers, software engineers, and data scientists to design and implement Spark jobs that generate metrics for measuring the performance of our Perception stack.
- Leverage Databricks for optimizing and deploying scalable data processing jobs, utilizing its collaborative notebooks and integrated workflows.
- Leverage Zoox proprietary tools for orchestrating and scheduling data processing jobs
- Maintain a high standard of code quality, incorporating best practices and ensuring scalability and maintainability.
- Develop frameworks and processes for the metrics lifecycle, including: ingesting data, cleaning and organizing data, designing metrics, efficiently implementing metric calculations, comparison and traceability of metrics over time, visualization of metrics and insight.
- Develop and maintain analytics platforms that enable effective data visualization and dashboarding, using tools such as Looker and Dash, so that data scientists can effectively reveal insights into the performance of autonomous driving perception and machine learning models.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in data engineering, MLOps, analytics, and visualization, specifically related to autonomous driving perception and machine learning.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with large-data and distributed data systems, including proven experience optimizing large-scale Spark jobs (PySpark, Scala)
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering, data architecture, and data warehousing,
- Strong understanding of software and data engineering best practices.
- Experience building data systems and following data engineering best practices, including governance, lineage, and traceability..
- Proficiency in data query languages and tools, e.g. SQL, NoSQL.
- Experience using and building CI/CD workflows.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Databricks for building, testing, and deploying Spark applications.
- Experience building or evaluating ML models that operate on raw sensor data (detection, classification, tracking)
- Experience incorporating ML validation into MLOps frameworks and automation
- Experience using and/or building RESTful APIs
- Experience with dashboarding or front-end tools, e.g. Looker, Tableau, Dash, Streamlit, ReDash
- Experience with interfacing with micro services
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $193,000-$243,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.