Security Engineer - IAM
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
Zoox is seeking an experienced Identity and Access Management (IAM) Engineer who will be responsible for helping ensure the security of our customers, staff, systems, communications, and data.
You will be responsible for developing, operating and maintaining the Identity & Access Management (IAM) systems at Zoox. You will also be responsible for all aspects of our IAM infrastructure, which include managing and maintaining the services that encompass the identities of machines, employees, vendors, and customers. You will be capable of engineering and delivering both enterprise and consumer-focused solutions associated with IAM.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze, design and propose enhancements for IAM systems and document all relevant policies and procedures at Zoox.
- Work with Developers and Engineers to improve security and fix bugs in existing code while prioritizing stability, security, and simplicity
- Continuously review and evaluate the cloud security settings/configuration, apply possible enhancements, and propose appropriate security tools
- Propose and implement solutions to unify security policies on-prem and across hybrid Cloud environments
- Define, design and develop pipelines to improve IAM procedures through Terraform deployments
- Deploy and operate each new phase of IAM as the business evolves and grows, while ensuring security standards are met.
- Ensure all IAM systems comply with audit requirements for regulatory and compliance.
- Participate in other aspects of Zoox security programs as necessary.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams, both technical and non-technical
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Business or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- 3+ years experience in an IAM engineering role with a track record of deploying Identity & Access Management systems in real world environments.
- Understand identity lifecycle and has experience to automate workflows for this
- Access Controls and importance of Least privileged access / Role based access
- Strong experience in Active Directory Users and Computers
- Experienced in deploying SSO integrations with Azure AD in a secure manner.
- Can apply permissions to users and groups in a secure and efficient manner
- Can granulate ACL permissions
- Experience in managing and maintaining access controls in Azure AD
- Experience in managing and maintaining access controls in AWS
- Experience in applying and standardizing ACL controls for Linux systems
- Knowledge of AWS
- Development experience in Python and/or Golang
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $135,000 to $175,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.