Rider Operations Shift Lead (2nd Shift)
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
The Rider Operations team at Zoox ensures the success of all customer interactions with our robotaxi service. We are the human partner to the robot AI, providing an amazing support experience to our customers. In preparation for our commercial launch, we are growing our team to support the challenging delivery of traditional customer service with specialized real-time rider support during customer rides. You will be working closely with leads within the RiderOps and the Fleet Operations organization, as well as assisting and interacting with multiple teams across the company.
In taking on the Rider Operations Shift Lead role, you will support the day-to-day activities involved with managing the growing RiderOps team. You will be responsible for ensuring that the RiderOps team is effectively and efficiently supported to execute on the desired customer experience given company milestones and goals.
- Ensure RiderOps is supporting all required services, testing, and demos as defined by Fleet Operations leadership and other cross-functional teams
- Plan and execute operational schedules and processes associated with service
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Skilled in managing projects with a broad range of soft and technical skills.
- Strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Anticipate, plan and coordinate internal logistics/needs across projects and facilities
- Employ a can-do attitude, taking on any task required to support the team and get things done
- Ability to effectively prioritize with strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment and high stress environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to develop channels of communication while understanding and managing professional relationships
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely communicate in speech and writing, as well as listen to, interpret, and escalate customer needs to leadership
- Ability to drive communication within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines, aggressive goals and demanding work environment
- Independent thinker capable of operating within ambiguously defined structures with an ability for delivering tangible results
- Proven ability to problem solve and improve operational efficiency
- 1+ years of coordination experience in the autonomous vehicles space in either teleguidance or customer service-based roles
- Experience in leading or managing a highly cross-functional team
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $76,000 to $96,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g., sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.