Manager, Platform Engineering & Automation
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
Zoox is looking for a leader for our IT Platform Engineering Automation team. Automated infrastructure is key in enabling our autonomous vehicle research effort, and the team you’ll be managing supports this across the company. In this role, you will closely work with partners from many teams. We have a strong collaborative culture where we value people first.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and grow the IT Platform Automation team, which is responsible for designing the IT infrastructure, and automating our compute, storage, internal services, including logging, monitoring, and alerting to enable quality operations at scale.
- Ensure the growth and development of the members of your team.
- Build the overall roadmap to improve the scale and reliability of IT platform infrastructure.
- Intake new work and report on project progress.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including software, SRE, internal applications, product, IT Platform operations, and cloud to identify and deliver impactful solutions.
- Define and lead processes to keep the systems always working.
- Participate in operational incidents as part of the incident commander pool.
- Drive the evolution of the IT Platform support model to scale with the size and complexity of Zoox.
- 4+ years of management experience, leading teams of 5 or more people.
- 5+ years of related technical experience in one or more key areas: cloud infrastructure, microservices, or data engineering, along with operations and incident handling.
- Strong infrastructure mindset, with hands-on experience developing tools and platforms for engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to scale infrastructure to meet rapidly growing demand.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead across teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $180,000 to $230,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.